Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Avocado Frosting

I found this recipe on the internet today, after hearing about it from Erin337, and adapted it a little. It tastes AMAZING and is way lower in fat and calories than regular frosting. It's also vegan for those of you who are looking for more vegan recipes.

This is a great frosting for my non fat, no egg, Chocolate Banana Cake (see the recipe list on the right.)


1 ripe avocado
1/2 - 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar (depending on the size of the avocado)
1/4 cocoa (unsweetened)
1.2 tsp vanilla

Whir in a food processor and spread on a cake or eat from a spoon. :)

For comparison:
1/2 cup pureed avocado - 180 calories
1/2 cup butter - over 800 calories

1 comment:

Lauren Vassallo said...

I just made this recipe and I'm amazed at how good it is! A few minor mishaps (avocado not as ripe, no food processor, too much cocoa) but it's still good. I'm eating it on graham crackers!