Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mango Chicken Salad

I just mix up the following ingredients in a container and take it to work. I added the dressing just before I eat it. I usually eat about 2 cups total.

Ingredients:
Mango cubes (thawed or fresh)
Chopped celery
Chopped red or yellow peppers
Diced cooked chicken
Quartered walnuts
Grapes halves

Dressing:

Strained plain yogurt
Curry powder
A little sugar or Splenda or ?

(I love Liberty Organic Plain Yogurt for everything. I thicken it a bit by dumping some into a coffee filter set in a strainer. In 30 minutes or less, it's as thick as sour cream, leave it over night and it's almost like cream cheese. It doesn't have a sour yogurt taste to it and I use it in place of sour cream all the time as well as in place of mayo in sandwiches etc. I'll admit I use the full fat version (4g). The low fat isn't quite as tasty but would work just as well, especially in a dressing.)

No comments: